Sunday, December 13, 2009

13 Cheers!!!


Today is 13th of december!! It is a bit unfair to think that "13"is an unlucky number! By this statement, I do not mean to hurt any religious sentiments!
I am merely stating for me,the number 13 is very special!!!

My parents were married on this day! Yes Ladies and Gentlemen, today is their anniversary and not just anniversary...it is their "25th anniversary"! It's kinda sad that I am not with them tonight! There is this big family dinner, which I am not a part of...but thanks to technology, I'll get to see them through the miracle of webcam and world wide web!!!

You know, my parents are very special to me...They are not just my guardians but my friends as well!!! By friends, however, I am defining my relationship with my mother! Dad's always been aloof though we are quite frank with each other! Initially I had difficulty in understanding his love for us..(i.e. me and my bro). He is not very good when it comes to showing his love or affection! I guess, I have got this from him along with the dimples! :P Although, once I am comfortable in a relationship, I am very open and warm, quite unlike big daddy! ;-) Anyhow, I must confess...after moving away from home and staying all by myself I think I can understand and definitely feel his love better! And, I do not know if my parents will ever read this...but I would just like to say that they are the best in the world and I love them a lot and definitely MISS them quite a bit!

Anyway, as I was saying today is my parents anniversary! I always wondered how two people, completely opposite be so much in love??? In the past 20 years of my life, I have never seen them fight even once. I have heard of the saying that people who love the most, fight a lot...I don't think I believe in that anymore. 25 years, and not a single fight!!! Soul mates are they? And what is more beautiful is their relationship! My dad is not a very possessive man, or nor very romantic and definitely not at all expressive! (Mom, as usual is opposite except she isn't also very possessive) Can you believe, he never proposed to mom or said "I Love You" to her? How can 2 people even love each other without telling each other? Something to think about or something,I'll never understand..may be I am not meant to!

I don't think I have ever seen dad asking mom where she is going, or why she is so late or seeing him going through her call list! Infact he doesn't even answer her phone when its ringing and she is not there! Instead, he will shout and call either of us and ask us to take it! Same goes for my mother! Their trust, their loyalty, their committment...something which is inexpressible yet so very there...something so beautiful..yet so abstract! As a child, I thought may be them being opposite is the key to their success! But I learn now, not all opposites are so happy....................!

I guess "passion" is quite over rated! Isn't it?? It has to die someday...but what we are left with is trust, love, respect and care....a bond which is everlasting and so very beautiful that you don't even need the gift of language or words of expression..... just like my parents! I guess we youngstars should learn something from these "big mommies and daddies of romance"....;-)..shouldn't we?

So Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to raise a toast to the most wonderful couple I have ever met...and here's wishing them a life time of happiness, good health and prosperity forever, together and always! Cheers....

Now, coming back to number 13, apart from my parents...there's some more special people and sweet memories related to it! Prachi's birthday is on 13th March...someone so beautiful, and not just from outside, but also from inside...how can she be born on an unlucky day? 14th april is my other favourite's birthday...Manpreet's...24hours from 13th april...coinciding with Bengali New Years...not unlucky..very auspicious and anticipated! Last but not the least 13th feb, each year we...at 12 am..the world starts celebrating the most romantic or should i say, loving day of the year..(technically its 14th but the celebration starts from 13 midnight itself, so lets keep the technicality aside for a while!)

For now, lets all celebrate the magic of this number and for once forget its unlucky past!

"No. 13...I love you..and I'll always will!!!

Yours truely,
Sugana...

3 comments:

  1. "Man is the truest child of god , the evidence of which is the anvil of faith" this means,if we truly believe in something, then it is as good as real. The anvil is the tool which we use to create what we want to believe in, may it be the existence of god, or hope of the impossible or even the haunting s of a mere number. You can do anything you truly believe in. The resilience and strength of your belief will determine if you can achieve what you want.Your parents are real people who believed in each other, and there fore they could! congratulations to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Aunty and Uncle. I wish them all the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautifully written :)

    firstly congrats to uncle n aunty...hope the love stays foreva and foreva :)

    ReplyDelete